Last week in class the main developer who I was working with about the expert system was not available, so I decided to have a brief look at everyone else’s projects. The team from Spooknet were wanting user testers – and I thought I would give them a hand.
The idea behind Spooknet is amazing! The idea of walking around with your mobile and finding hidden/secret landmarks is a great idea. With the user testing, I was restricted to stay within the classroom and to participate in the tests on the big computer screen – so could not preview it’s functionality on mobile. Long story short their project was still very buggy, often displaying chapters of a story I made in random order or not at all. Features were displayed even though they shouldn’t have been (i.e. the map when I click “generate QR code”) and the system to create a story was very confusing… not very straight forward.
The testing of their project helped me realise that our project is not so bad and that us as a team were being too hard on ourselves. Our navigation is easy and simple to follow, and most of our features work which is great.